Servings : 5 people
Prep Time : 30 minutes
Cook Time : 30 minutes
Total Time : 1h30 minutes
- 175 g butter (soft)
- 110 g icing sugar
- 65 g powdered almonds
- 60 g eggs 2 eggs
- 1 vanilla pod ( If you don’t have it, you can use lime zests instead)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 310 g (2 1/2) cups flour
- 12 g water
- 2g gelatin powder
- 15 g sugar
- 35 g egg yolk
- 250 g cream
- 100 g dark chocolate (64%)
- 1 vanilla pod
Chocolate Ganache :
- 255 g Dark Chocolate (64%)
- 270 ml Cream
- 20 g butter
For the Dough:
- Combine the butter, icing sugar and almonds in the mixer or do it using a whisk. Add the eggs, egg yolk, vanilla pod and salt and mix until well mixed. Add the flour & cocoa flour in one go and then mix as little as possible, only enough to be able to shape the dough into a ball.Refrigerate overnight (or at least 1h30).
- Roll out the dough so that it's 3mm thick, place in the pie tin and refrigerate again for 1-1h30. This will prevent the dough from shrinking when baking. Blind bake for 20 minutes at 180°C and the let cool on a rack.
For the Chocolate Ganache:
- Chop the chocolate and put in a bowl.
- Put cream in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate in three time, add the butter and stir until you get a smooth and shiny chocolate ganache.
- Pour the ganache over the baked crust and let it solidify for 4-5 hours in the refrigerator
For the Chocolate Crémeux:
- Hydrate the gelatin with some cold water
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl
- Heat the cream with the vanilla seeds & vanilla pod in a pot
- Slowly add a little bit of heated cream into the sugar/eggyolk mixture and mix
- Then pour the mix into the pot and cook it gently while continuously stirring until it reaches 185F. You just made “creme anglaise”
- Pass the creme anglaise through a fine sieve. Remove the vanilla pod. Pour the creme anglaise into a blender, add the chocolate & bloomed gelatin. Mix well
- Store it inside the refrigerator for at least 2 hours
Assemble the pie:
- Whisk your chocolate crémeux until smooth and put it inside a piping bag.
- Using the piping bag, decorate the pie by making drops (just like in the picture)
- Grate some dark/white chocolate on top
- Enjoy it !